The holiday season is a uniquely busy time for groomers.
In the weeks leading up to Christmas, your schedule becomes tighter, your days become longer, and you feel the pressure to fit every customer in before the big day.
Will you and your grooming equipment be ready to handle the demand when your bookings start to skyrocket?
Let’s face it, you can’t push a holiday cut back to the first week of January if your clippers fail in mid-December. Delays could lead to unhappy clients and lost profits.
Take time now to do a thorough inventory of your equipment and supplies.
- Are your clipper blades and guidecombs in good working order?
- Is it time to order new blades or a backup for your favorite size?
- Are you well stocked on blade oil and cooling spray?
- Do you have spare carbon brushes, blade drive assemblies or any other parts you might need for a quick fix?
- See our complete selection of clippers, blades, accessories and spare parts
- Are your shears in good working order?
- Do they fit your hand comfortably? Do you need new rubber finger or thumb rings?
- When was the last time you had your shears sharpened? Is it time for another sharpening?
- Do you have a backup pair of shears?
- How do you protect your shears in the shop? Is it time to invest in a shear holder?
- See our complete selection of shears
Take a thorough inventory of your consumable items to make sure you’re stocked up on everything you need. When your business picks up, you'll be using a lot more of your consumable items every day. It's important to have these crucial items in stock:
The holidays are the perfect time to personalize your grooming jobs by giving each pet that you groom a festive finishing touch. Now is your time to order:
Staffing and Scheduling:
What are your staffing plans for the holidays? Are you going to be adding temporary help or bringing in more part timers on a regular basis?
If you are making plans for additional staff members, it might be wise to invest in an inexpensive portable grooming table.
A spare table gives you the extra workspace you need at the time you need it most. Once the holiday rush is over, you can fold the table up and store it until next year.
This is also a good time to plan your holiday hours.
There are only so many hours that you can work each day, but you can stagger your opening times (start later in the day and close later at night) to accommodate your customers’ busy holiday schedules.
Many customers will gladly pay a premium to have their pet groomed during extended shop hours.
Shop at PetEdge:
PetEdge is your one-stop source for grooming equipment and supplies. We have everything you need to get ready for the busy holiday rush.
We have over 20,000 products in our catalog and online at PetEdge.com. This includes grooming equipment and supplies from exclusive PetEdge brands like:
- Master Equipment (tubs, tables, and dryers)
- Master Grooming Tools (slicker brushes, shears, clipper blades, and more)
- ProSelect (cages, pens, ex-pens, and more)
- Top Performance (shampoo, conditioner, ear cleaner, styptic powder and more)
- Aria (fashionable pet accessories)
We also have a complete selection of products from other leading brands, including:
- Oster (clippers, shears and dryers)
- Andis (clippers, blades and dryers)
- Geib (shears and clippers)
- Wahl (clippers)
Plus, PetEdge is your complete shampoo headquarters. We stock hundreds of shampoos from all your favorite brands, including Bio-Groom, Tropiclean, Espree, PPP, Kong, Insect Shield, Crazy Dog, and lots, lots more.
Be sure to visit PetEdge.com for all your grooming needs today!
About the Author:
PetEdge is a leading distributor of wholesale pet products and discount dog grooming supplies. Shop our catalog and online at PetEdge.com for over 20,000 products at the guaranteed lowest prices. Plus, we have free shipping on qualifying orders $150 or more.