We are working hard to get to everyone who either needs assistance with the Louisiana Flood, or wants to donate for those in need. Because we are a 501c3 Charity, we have rules we must follow. Although anyone can donate to GEAF, our funds can only go to groomers affected by catastrophic events. We cannot help with rescue groups, replacing tires on a mobile or paying for pets veterinary care. That doesn't mean we don't empathize or sympathize. We just have very strict boundaries set by the IRS. Rules that we must abide by to keep our 501c3 status. Thank you for understanding.
In addition, we can only help those to the tune of what is in our coffers. An unlimited amount of money doesn't magically appear. It is generously donated by our suppliers, manufacturers, and groomers.
Now that we got that out of the way, what is going on to help those in need.
1. Go to our website and make a donation. There is a Donate button on every page.
2. Debbie Rowe of Frank Rowe and Son has made a beautiful quilt that is being raffled off. You can buy a ticket at Groom Expo or online.
3. You can drop off gently used equipment to Frank Rowe and Son at Groom Expo or ship it directly to them at 26 South Union Street, Middletown, PA 17057
4. You can Groom One For Louisiana! Dedicate one groom between now and Sept 11 and send the amount of that groom to GEAF for Louisiana Groomers Relief. We welcome you to post pictures of your grooms to our Facebook page along with your shop name, location and donation amount. Use hashtag #pawsforlouisiana to tag your photos and your donation through PayPal- GEAF2013@aol.com.
5. Paws For Louisiana Dog Wash Sept 25, 2016 10-3. To participate in the dog wash, visit the Paws For Louisiana website.
6. Come to the Internet Mingle on Thursday, September 22nd from 7-9pm and buy lots of raffles tickets for all the goodies donated by our sponsors. Food will be provided by Evolution Shears, but you will have to buy your own booze. We need you all to drink $291 worth because thats the minimum set by the Hershey Hotel.
Any donation can be earmarked specifically for Louisiana. If not, it will go into our general fund.