Holiday Treats Your Clients Will Love
Groomers love the holidays! The Internet is buzzing with projects, from custom pet ornaments and Christmas photos, to homemade dog cookies and fancy bows. Pet stylists want to make every holiday season special. It’s contagious.
I get into the spirit around Thanksgiving. I’ve done just about everything there is to do to wow my four-legged friends. Have you ever considered their two-legged family?
Here are two recipes your customers will love!
ROLO PRETZEL DELIGHTS
This recipe takes about ten minutes and satisfies the sweet and salty. Your clients will flip for this sweet treat!
Pecan halves, M&M’s, walnut halves, peanut M&M’s, macadamia nuts
- Heat over to 350 degrees.
- Place one Rolo on each pretzel.
- Bake 3-5 minutes. Do not melt.
- Press pecan half or topping of your choice.
This recipe is a bit more complicated. We usually make a few trays at a time. It’s a fan favorite. Many of my clients look forward to it.
Approximately 40 Saltine crackers or matzoh
1-cup butter (don't use margarine)
1-cup LIGHT brown sugar (not dark)
12 oz. chocolate chips
1-cup nuts (your choice) roughly chopped
You can also use crushed peppermints, coconut, etc.
- Place the saltines or matzoh in a single layer on a cookie pan that has been lined with foil.
- In a pot melt the butter. Add the brown sugar. Stir often and bring to a full rolling boil for EXACTLY 3 minutes.
- Pour and spread over the saltines.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Wait until they are almost melted; spread over all the saltines. Sprinkle the nuts over the top as evenly as possible.
- Lightly press the nuts into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Store in an airtight container.
Now for the fun part! Break the crackle into small pieces. Place them into small paw print bags. Voila!
Warning! Warning! These are yummy. Step away from the Holiday Crackle! Even the crumbs are delicious.
These simple and quick recipes will be sure to bring a smile to your customer’s faces. Embrace and share the festivities with your fellow pet lovers. It is a very special time of year. This can be one more way to say thank you to your clients for entrusting you with a special member of their family.
Hugs and Happy Holidays 2015 to all!
Ellen Ehrlich is a mobile pet stylist who loves to think, talk, read, and write about pet grooming. Next to grooming, she loves to empower, motivate, and inspire other groomers to be the best they can be. For more information go to: http://gomobileandsucceed.com/